Finances. It’s something some people love to talk about, others try to avoid thinking about, but something we all need to know about as entrepreneurs.
On today’s episode, I’m talking with Deborah L. Meyer, CPA/PFS and CFP®, a fee-only financial planner and the author of Redefining Family Wealth: A Parent’s Guide to Purposeful Living, about her 3 top wealth-building tips for mom entrepreneurs and so much more. This episode is for every mom entrepreneur and you don’t want to miss it!
Deb is also the owner of WorthyNest®, an independent advisory firm dedicated to helping parents build wealth. Deb has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Yahoo! Finance and CNN Business and is a regular contributor to Kiplinger. Outside of work, Deb spends time with her husband Bryan and three boys.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- Why it’s so crucial for you to understand your business finances as an entrepreneur
- Monetary and non-monetary wealth, and how to build both
- What a financial planner is and how they can help you
- Why clarity is so important to building weath
- Deb’s take on the Profit First model
- Tips to make tax time easier as an entrepreneur
Grab your journal and pen and let’s dive in!
Connect with Deb
Connect with Cassie
- Get yourself a copy of my FREE guide –> How to Sign Your First 5 Clients: The Fast, Free, and Fun Way
- Join me in my FREE Facebook Group!
- Connect with me on Instagram
Loving the Podcast?
- “There are ways to build wealth —both monetary and non-monetary — if you are willing to put in the time for self reflection and actually hard work as well.”
- “Not only as business owners but also as moms, if you don’t have some kind of clear guiding path, you’re never going to be able to make that decision.”
- “Once you have that awareness of what your purpose is and what your unique talents are then you’re able to really hyper focus on goals to support that overall purpose.”
- “You have to change and mould and grow to dream big.”
- “Inaction is still a choice.”