Have you heard of this game “Would You Rather?”
I first learned about it 5+ years ago when I started teaching 4th grade and one of my students came up to me and asked me:
“Mrs. Righter, would you rather smell bad all the time or have to smell something awful all the time?”
Essentially, the game is about forcing you to choose between two terrible or awesome options.
- Would you rather lose your sense of taste or your sense of smell?
- Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout?
- Would you rather live the rest of your life with silent, but uncontrollable gas or loud, uncontrollable sneezing?
- Would you rather be able to freeze time or travel in time?
- Would you rather have unlimited money or unlimited time?
You can see how hilarity typically ensues and you ultimately end up learning something about the crowd you’re with.
Pro tip: When you’re building community with your group silly things like “Would You Rather?” are actually solid at helping people get to know each other in a safe and fun way.
So, in the spirit of fun, would you rather…
- Run a launch with:
- 5 Facebook Ads
- 3 Funnels
- 20 Emails
- 50 Affiliates
- Run a launch with:
- A simple Facebook Ad (maybe)
- 1 Funnel
- Just a few emails
- 0 Affiliates
- Spots already filled with referrals before you even start the launch
Ummm…I choose option B every time.
Are you with me?
The thing is that the only way to have the opportunity to launch using option B is to ensure the program you’re launching is actually helping your clients get amazing results in a reliable and consistent way.
It is. And in my opinion, it’s also just being a quality service provider and coach.
You see the better you serve your clients, the better your business will do.
If you decide to launch a pre-recorded course with some downloadable PDFs at a low price point you WILL BE hustling your ass off to sell those. And to make any money this way you need a pretty big email list and audience size to even make the effort worth the return.
BUT…if you want to launch with ease, with a small audience or email list you can do that too. And you do it by building out a program that actually works, that you evaluate, and that you provide support in. (P.S. I can help you with this if you’re not sure where to start)
The choice is yours.
And in case you’re curious, I choose:
- Smelling something awful all the time
- Losing my sense of taste
- Only able to shout
- Uncontrollable sneezing
- Travel in time
- Unlimited time
What are your choices?